Today In The Fishroom~5/30/11 A. hogaboomorum

Subforo dedicado a nuestras sesiones fotográficas, así como técnica y equipo fotográfico

Moderador: Nandi

Responder
Aquamojo
Acuarios:

Today In The Fishroom~5/30/11 A. hogaboomorum

Mensaje por Aquamojo »

The hogaboomorum are breeding AGAIN. I have two 75 gallon tanks full of fry that I plan on bringing to the convention. I recently posted a new lighting set up that I was experimenting with (much to my pleasure) and used something similar with these photos.

Here's the male and female doing their respective jobs. The female on the right is guarding the breeding area...that maroon half pot...where she has a bunch of new wigglers...and the male keeping an eye on the other large male on the left hand side of the tank. One of the things that I find interesting in particular about this species...or at least this pair...is that the pair will swim a distance away from the pot full of fry regularly. Not that they ignore them...just that they don't spend every waking minute guarding them as most other species (at least the ones breeding in my fishroom) do.

Imagen

Breeding coloration is apparent in the photo above with the female getting that beautiful orange/red background color. Here she is doing me a "favor" and swimming right into the lighting sweet spot. :D

Imagen

The breeding male keeping a keen eye out for any movement of his competition.

Imagen

And the best shot of the whole session...the male flaring at me setting up the lights. I saw him winding up getting upset...stepped back and shot two pictures of this action. This was the best of two.

Imagen
miguecai
Acuarios:

Re: Today In The Fishroom~5/30/11 A. hogaboomorum

Mensaje por miguecai »

excelente fotos y preciosos ciclidos
Aquamojo
Acuarios:

Mensaje por Aquamojo »

Gracias amigo.
Francistrus
Moderador
Moderador
Acuarios: 650 Centroamerica, 300 "comunitario", 60 Nannacara anomala
Contactar:

Mensaje por Francistrus »

Esta especie siempre me ha recordado a una mezcla entre citrinellus y festae.
Desde luego, esa pareja cuida bien de sus alevines.
¿Son tan agresivos como otras especies de Amphilophus?
Imagen
Aquamojo
Acuarios:

Mensaje por Aquamojo »

francistrus escribió:Esta especie siempre me ha recordado a una mezcla entre citrinellus y festae.
Desde luego, esa pareja cuida bien de sus alevines.
¿Son tan agresivos como otras especies de Amphilophus?
I do agree. I can see how they resemble those two fish. They are not as aggressive as the Citrinellus.

mo
Responder