Today In The Fishroom~5/31/11 P. Fredrichsthali Light Set Up

Subforo dedicado a nuestras sesiones fotográficas, así como técnica y equipo fotográfico

Moderador: Nandi

Responder
Aquamojo
Acuarios:

Today In The Fishroom~5/31/11 P. Fredrichsthali Light Set Up

Mensaje por Aquamojo »

Going along the same vane as a previous post on a light set up for the Zonatum. My goal her was to light the fish both top and bottom as I have previously. The problem I have had in the past is adjusting the lower flash to a point where the light would illuminate the bottom of the fish while eliminating any hot spots. I was looking for an "evenly lit" top and bottom photo.

Here's a shot of the female...a new bride for my F0 male P. fredrichsthali "Yellow Head". He has killed the last two. She is much smaller as you will see in the photos. The male is about a foot long with beautiful trailers. This was a good photo, but I thought the bottom light was too hot. Dramatic lighting, yes...but not what I was looking for.

Imagen

Here's the lighting set up. On top were two Nikon SB-800 flash units with Gary Fong Lightsphere diffusers. That bell shaped diffuser throws two cones of light down onto the subjects. The Nikon Sb900 flash is attached to a Graslon diffuser. As you can see it is a much larger (and softer light focus)

Imagen

If you look at the picture of the fish, you can see how the light is falling on the fish. Take a good look at the light from below. By adjusting the output of this light on the bottom I was able to get these photos.

OK light

Imagen

Imagen

Perfect light

Imagen

Imagen

Not the best aesthetic shot...but spot on light top and bottom of this beautiful species of cichlid. The male is about a foot long.

Imagen

Haplo440
Acuarios:

Re: Today In The Fishroom~5/31/11 P. Fredrichsthali Light Set Up

Mensaje por Haplo440 »

I like soo much your lighting set up , great shots Mo!!

See you
Sebastian
Mádgico
Moderador
Moderador
Acuarios: Nada por ahora
Contactar:

Mensaje por Mádgico »

Ha sido una gran suerte contar con Mo en el foro, no me canso de ver sus fotos. Las fotos son impresionantes, pero es que los peces que mantiene también lo son. Lástima que últimamente no esté participando.
Imagen
Invitado

Mensaje por Invitado »

Ufff...esos peces están guapísimos...¿Se encuentan fácilmente?....
Francistrus
Moderador
Moderador
Acuarios: 650 Centroamerica, 300 "comunitario", 60 Nannacara anomala
Contactar:

Mensaje por Francistrus »

Miguel, ¿has intentado hablar con Morrell a ver que le pasa?.

David, los friedrichstali son "conseguibles".
De hecho, durante mi ultima etapa con centroamericanos yo mantuve un ejemplar juvenil. La pena es que se lo chupó una bomba de recirculación que tenía sin protección.
Imagen
Mádgico
Moderador
Moderador
Acuarios: Nada por ahora
Contactar:

Mensaje por Mádgico »

Le mandé un mensaje hace tiempo, pero no he recibido respuesta. Intentaré ponerme en contacto nuevamente con él.
Imagen
dubo
Acuarios:

Mensaje por dubo »

Si, impresionantes bichos y fotos!!
Responder