Today In The Fishroom~6/15/11 F0 P. managuense

Subforo dedicado a nuestras sesiones fotográficas, así como técnica y equipo fotográfico

Moderador: Nandi

Aquamojo
Acuarios:

Today In The Fishroom~6/15/11 F0 P. managuense

Mensaje por Aquamojo »

A few months ago I moved my breeding pair of managuense to a larger tank...180 gallons. They are the only two fish in the tank. They bred frequently...like clock work, actually...in the previous tank. After I moved them it took a while for the pair to settle on a new breeding area.

These were taken a few days after the fry hatched. Couple of interesting things of note. First is that the area that they are breeding is a much larger flat rock than previously. In this case, the size of the spawn was dramatically larger than previously...on a smaller rock.

Imagen

Imagen

You can see the unfertilized eggs fungus over in the photos. You can also see the pile of new fry in the background. The female spends all of her time checking and rechecking the pile. One other thing that I noticed is that they have placed more gravel in amongst the pile of fry. I would speculate that this provides some kind of wall or barrier to keep the "pile" in tact.

Imagen

Closer photo of the "pile". Looks like they are stacked pretty deep.

Imagen

During this period the female will flare and often take a whack at the male who seems to guard the perimeter of the breeding area. Here she is showing her displeasure at the interruption. I actually can get a shot like this many times over. All I do is annoy the male in front of the glass close to the breeding area. He responds by doing a little glass banging. The female joins in. When I step away the male backs off, but the female still appears agitated and will flare a the male.

Imagen

With any luck I will be able to get these to a respectable size in time for the convention in July.
Responder